Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Article 1 - Disclaimer
You warrant to the Journal that the Contribution is your original work, that you have the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement –and, when required, that you have obtained written permission from each author of the Work–, and to convey the rights granted herein to the Journal and to submit the Contribution for first publication and that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere and has not already been published elsewhere, either in printed or electronic form, that you have obtained and enclose all necessary permissions for the reproduction of any copyright works not owned by you (including artistic works, e.g. illustrations, photographs, maps, other visual material, etc.) contained in the Contribution and any Supplemental Material you provide and that you have acknowledged the source(s), that the Contribution and any Supplemental Material you provide contain no violation of any existing copyright, other third party rights or any defamatory or untrue statements and do not infringe any rights of others, and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Journal against any claims in respect of the above warranties. If the Author fails to promptly or diligently pursue any defence of any indemnified party, the indemnified parties, or any of them, may assume such defence at the Author’s expense. The obligations of this indemnification will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Article 2 - Granted Rights
Author(s) hereby grants the Journal an exclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to reproduce and Share your article (“Article”) and any accompanying abstract or supplemental material (the Licensed Material), in all languages and all formats through any medium of communication for the full legal term of copyright (and any renewals) throughout the world, in whole or in part, for NonCommercial or educational purposes; and to produce and reproduce, but not Share, Adapted Material for NonCommercial or educational purposes.
This licence includes the right to provide the Article in electronic and online forms and systems and to enforce the rights granted by this licence against third parties. For the purposes of use in electronic forms, the Journal may adjust the Article to the respective form of use and include links (e.g. frames or inline-links) or otherwise combine it with other works and/or remove links or combinations with other works provided in the Contributions. For the avoidance of doubt, all provisions of this Agreement apply regardless of whether the Contribution itself constitutes a database under applicable copyright laws or not. With respect to supplemental data that the Author(s) wish to make accessible either through a link in the Article or on a site or through a service of the Journal, the Journal shall be entitled to publish, post, make available and link to such data on a non-exclusive basis, and further permit indexing and archiving.
The Journal will publish the Article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives Licence which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the Article is properly cited (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI), the use is NonCommercial and no modifications or adaptations are made. The full details of the licence are available at CC BY-NC-ND Licence.
The Journal will assume the applicable Article Processing Charge (APC).
Article 3 - Retained Rights
The Author(s) retains all proprietary rights in addition to copyright, such as patent rights in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the Contribution. Patent, trademark, moral and/or personality rights are not licensed under this Public License. The Author(s) acknowledge and agree that under this Agreement he is not authorized to use and distribute the licenced material for commercial purposes, nor to remix or to transform it.
Furthermore, the Author(s) retains the following re-use rights, without the requirement to seek additional formal permission from the Journal:
- to re-use, remix or transform excerpts of the Contribution in new works, if the new work is authored or edited by Author, and provided such new works are not of a nature likely to compete with the original licenced material in terms of distribution with commercial purposes;
- to re-use figures, illustrations, and tables from the Contribution (provided that these are not 3rd party material, in which case additional permission will need to be sought from the rights-holder) in new works authored or edited by Author(s);
- to make copies of the Contribution for personal use, including for classroom teaching use (but not for inclusion in course pack material for onward sale by libraries and institutions);
- to make print or digital copies of the Contribution to append to a Curriculum Vitae in support of applications for new posts;
- to post the pre-copy-edited Contribution on Author(s)’ own web sites, or institutional repositories (with previous consent of the Journal), without any embargo period after publication. Any linking, collection, or aggregation of chapters from the same volume is strictly prohibited.
Any such re-use of the Contribution or parts of it is subject to acknowledgement of the original publication in the following form, requires to be properly cited (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI).
Article 4 - Declaration of conflict of interest
You certify that:
- all forms of financial support are acknowledged in the Contribution and that all potential conflicts of interest will be discussed with the Journal;
- any commercial or financial involvements that might present an appearance of a conflict of interest related to the Contribution are disclosed; and,
- you have not signed an agreement with any sponsor of the research reported in the Contribution that prevents you from publishing both positive and negative results or that forbids you from publishing this research without the prior approval of the sponsor.
Article 5 – Copyright Notice
The Journal and the Author(s) agree that any and all copies of the Article or any part thereof distributed or posted by them in print or electronic format as permitted will include the notice of copyright as stipulated in the Journal and a full citation to the final published version of the Article in the Journal.
Article 6 - Limitation of Liability
Except as otherwise set forth in this agreement, neither party makes any other, and hereby disclaims all other, representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement, or the absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not discoverable.
Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will either party be liable to the other party based upon any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of this Agreement or the use of the Contribution, even if a party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Article 7 – Term and Termination
This Agreement applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here. However, if the Journal fail to comply with this Agreement, then its rights under this Agreement terminate automatically. Furthermore, the Article may sometimes be accepted for publication but later rejected in the publication process, in which event all rights will revert to the author. Moreover, the Author(s), in its sole, absolute discretion, may determine that the Article should not be published in the Journal. If the decision is made not to publish the Article after accepting it for publication, then all rights granted shall revert to the author and this Agreement shall be of no further force and effect.
Article 8 - Use of personal data
Article 9 - Governing law
If any difference shall arise between Author(s) and the Journal concerning the meaning of this Agreement or the rights and liabilities of the parties, the parties shall engage in good faith discussions to attempt to seek a mutually satisfactory resolution of the dispute. This agreement shall be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Belgium. The courts of Brussels, Belgium shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.
Corresponding Author(s) signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all Co-Authors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
A coherent group of paper with a guest editor providing an introduction
Section default policy
Concise contributions advocating public administration solutions to contemporary public policy challenges, and targeting an audience of public administration professionals